Wed, 06 Sept|
Exeter Science Centre: Climate Exhibition 2023
Join us for hands-on activities, out-of-this-world VR experiences and more, to explore current research into planetary climates and to see how it fits into the bigger picture here on Earth.
Time & Location
06 Sept 2023, 10:00 – 10 Sept 2023, 16:00
Maketank, 3-5 Paris St, Exeter EX1 2JB, UK
About the event
Full Details here: https://exetersciencecentre.org/exhibition-2023/
Free event, booking not required but recommended - Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/climate-exhibition-2023-tickets-690044952027
6-10th September, 10-8pm (closing at 4pm on Sunday 10th) with special evening sessions for certain age groups after 6pm:
- Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th after 6pm are youth takeover evenings – for under 19’s (under 18s must be accompanied by an adult).
- Friday 8th and Saturday 9th after 6pm are adults only lates sessions – over 16’s only.
Exeter Science Centre brings you a Climate Exhibition created in collaboration with scientists from the University of Exeter and the Met Office and members of local schools, community groups and organisations. This is a re-imagining of our Climate Exhibition from March 2022.
From 6th-10th September 2023, coinciding with the British Science Festival in Exeter, we’ll be showcasing an amazing exhibition in Maketank, Exeter, for people of all ages to come and chat with local scientists involved in some inspiring research.
The exhibition is centred around climate science– which not only helps us to understand our own climate and how it is changing, but also the climates on other planets! Encounter other worlds whilst contemplating what is so special about our own. Learn about how we understand, measure and predict the climate on Earth and beyond and share ideas for how we can all better preserve our Earth.
Booking isn't essential for this event but it really helps us to know how many people to expect each day and priority will be given to ticket holders at busy times. Please aim to arrive at the start of your chosen time slot. Once you arrive, you can stay as long as you like.
Find out more about the event here: exetersciencecentre.org/exhibition-2023/
- There will be a virtual reality show called "We are Guardians". This is 25 minute show which you can book a slot for when you arrive at the exhibition on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There will be a series of short talks each day between 1pm-2pm.
- In response to feedback from our last exhibition we will be providing a Quiet Hour each day with fewer people and no music or loud noises. The time varies each day.
- 6-8pm on Wednesday 6th September and Thursday 7th September will be Youth Takeover evenings for young people under 19 (under 16s must be accompanied by an adult).
- 6-8pm on Friday 8th and Saturday 9th September will be adults-only late sessions for 16+.
We look forward to seeing you!